One hour of CAM ICB Credit is approved for this presentation.
Creating, amending and enforcing HOA rules are the bane of the manager (and volunteer director’s) existence. Rules can be a great help to a community and build community spirit, or they can create more problems and foster divisiveness and negativity… and even litigation. In this presentation we will discuss the basic as well as advanced concepts in rule creation, amendment and enforcement. The very fast-paced presentation will be 60 minutes in length, including 10 minutes for questions at the end of the prepared remarks.
- Understand the function of rules as stated by Civil Code
Identify the five rules that are required by law
- State the six important points of meeting rules
- Recognize the statutory process and identify common mistakes
- Be able to draft appropriate rules and identify unnecessary/harmful rules
- Know the best ways to enforce rules and recognize when a rule is not enough
- Differentiate between the power to act and the propriety of that action